Senior Middleware Engineer
Working week: 40 hours a week (fulltime)
Functie omschrijving Senior Middleware Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior Middleware Engineer who will work together with other colleagues in a multidisciplinary team. You will be responsible for delivering maintainable and efficient code which is well documented.
As Senior Middleware Engineer your focus will be on:
- being responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of the organisation’s cloud in Mesos Cluster with a large number of build servers;
- being responsible for Build Tool (Jenkins) in setting up high availability, storage techniques, vulnerability checks/secured and supporting existing customers;
- improving our ongoing integration, increasing our automated test coverage and helping us get to the next level;
- streamlining the development process from code check-ins, acceptance testing and automated deployment.
Functie voorwaarden Senior Middleware Engineer
We are looking for someone who is curious about the trends and developments in his/her area of expertise and has a passion for backend technology. You have a collaborative attitude and are continuously looking for opportunities to take your team one step further. You also enjoy educating yourself and others and are able to perform on-the-job coaching.
Some desired skills:
- professional and intellectual ability at bachelor level;
- more than five years of experience in total stack/platform engineering;
- strong working experience:
- of Build Server (preferably Jenkins) implemented in large scale;
- of container and container management technologies and the security thereof is hugely beneficial (Mesos, Docker, etc.);
- on OS fundamentals with the ability to apply it in the context of operating systems like RHEL and Unix;
- excellent knowledge of Bash scripting;
- strong working experience of storage technologies is hugely profitable (Hadoop, Ceph, GlusterFS);
- experience with at least one scripting language like Ruby, Python, etc.;
- experienced with Agile development & Scrum;
- strong knowledge of continuous integration and continuous development tooling;
- you are able to develop efficient and maintainable code with the right balance between solving the problem at hand and not over-engineering your solution;
- able to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools;
- English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
- Excellent terms
- Education & development possibilities
We offer you a challenging IT work environment with extensive, innovative developments. Service Delivery is performed according to a new method - Continuous Delivery. Staff who want to grow will be given plenty of opportunities for their own initiatives and development.
Switchjobs is an employment agency specialized in Contracting, Search & Selection, Specialized Project Jobs, Payrolling/Contract Management. Switchjobs was founded in 1988. Our team exists of professionals, all very experienced in the contracting and flex branch and specialized in the specific fields: ICT, Finance, Sales & Commerce.
A personal relationship
With a new step in your career is it of great importance that this step suits your life. Next to education, your experience, character and personality, travel distance and private life are key factors for us. Your background and ambitions define your new position. We make sure that a candidate and company really match and we pay attention to professionalism as well as corporate culture, team composition, education and career opportunities. We work as your companion to your next career step and choose the personal approach in this matter.
If you are interested in this vacancy we gladly receive your résumé including your motivation via email@example.com. After checking your details the relevant Recruiter for this open vacancy will respond to you within short notice. Next step will be an interview by phone, followed by a personal interview at our office or a webcam interview. After successfully passing this first round, we will introduce you as a qualified candidate to our client who will most likely invite you for the second round interview at their office. We will never present your personal details or CV to any third party without your explicit permission to do so.