Employment: Contract (Search and selection)
Working week: Fulltime
Functie omschrijving Security Engineer
The company has the purpose to be the safest company within their branche and will be seen as a leader in (IT) security. You help create a cohesive IT Security Strategy, a roadmap for strategy implementation and you’re responsible for delivering security & risk awareness throughout the company. You’re familiar with the application environments within the tech department globally in order to be able to participate in various discussions and drive the integration of IT Security in the DevOps way of working.
Your key responsibilities :
Together with your squad, you are responsible for implementing IT Security capabilities and delivering security & risk awareness throughout the tech department. You’re familiar with the application environments within the tech department globally. Preferably you have been a DEV or OPS engineer in order to easily participate various technical (security) discussions and drive the integration of IT Security in the DevOps way of working.
Your main focus will be on the following IT Security capabilities:
- Secure SDLC (incl. code review, requirements setting, security config);
- Application Security (incl. application hardening, pen testing);
- Server & Endpoint Security (incl. malware protection, HIPS, hardening);
- Network Security (incl. firewalls, malware protection & IDS, segmentation);
- Data Security (incl. DLP, encryption services & key management);
- IT & Sec Risk Assessment;
- Drive Control Implementation;
- Key Control Testing;
- Data Analysis & Reporting;
- Manage Third Party & Cloud Security;
- Security Monitoring & Alert Handling;
- Automate and simplify Security & Risk Controls;
- Designing technical Security Solutions.
Functie voorwaarden Security Engineer
You are an energetic and proactive IT Security professional with a passion for the securing environments and a positive, can-do mentality. You are a natural team player who forms relationships based on social skills rather than hierarchical structure. Enhancing the security controls and ultimately make the company safer, is a challenge to you. Close cooperation with and between the DevOps squads is your greatest achievement.
You continuously strive to develop both yourself and your colleagues in the security mind-set.
You are an ambassador for IT Security around the Globe. This role requires emphasis on the following:
- Professional and intellectual IT skills at bachelor or university level, preferably IT Master;
- Extensive experience in both IT Security and IT Risk;
- You have a background in IT engineering area, preferably in Agile teams as a Dev or Ops Engineer;
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and are passionate about IT Security;
- You are inspiring and show energy and passion;
- You are capable of implementing one way of working regarding the implementation of IT Security & IT Risk controls across different countries;
- You have a good feel on how everything works in the international organization and you understand the underlying spheres of influence;
- You are focused on cross border collaboration: you set aside your own 'ego' in the interests of achieving the best results - you help others to be successful;
- You are able to design technical Security solutions;
- Certification in and / or proven skills in IT Security and IT Risk (CISSP is mandatory to have or to obtain within 6 months);
- Excellent oral and written command of English.
Besides excellent terms of employment, our client offers a challenging IT work environment with extensive and innovative developments. Service Delivery is performed according to a new method - Continuous Delivery. Staff who want to grow will be given plenty of opportunities for their own initiatives and development.
Switchjobs is an employment agency specialized in Contracting, Search & Selection, Specialized Project Jobs, Payrolling/Contract Management. Switchjobs was founded in 1988. Our team exists of professionals, all very experienced in the contracting and flex branch and specialized in the specific fields: ICT, Finance, Sales & Commerce.
A personal relationship
With a new step in your career is it of great importance that this step suits your life. Next to education, your experience, character and personality, travel distance and private life are key factors for us. Your background and ambitions define your new position. We make sure that a candidate and company really match and we pay attention to professionalism as well as corporate culture, team composition, education and career opportunities. We work as your companion to your next career step and choose the personal approach in this matter.
If you are interested in this vacancy we gladly receive your résumé including your motivation via email@example.com. After checking your details the relevant Recruiter for this open vacancy will respond to you within short notice. Next step will be an interview by phone, followed by a personal interview at our office or a webcam interview. After successfully passing this first round, we will introduce you as a qualified candidate to our client who will most likely invite you for the second round interview at their office. We will never present your personal details or CV to any third party without your explicit permission to do so.