Salary: max. € 5.500,- gross a month
Working week: 36 hours
Functie omschrijving OPS Engineer
As a team member of the OPS team you are responsible for the availability, stability and performance of complex applications and making the company ready for cloud computing.
What will you do? What are you responsible for?
- Deploying and running a Production system, and provide Level 2 support for your Application;
- Specifying, creating, and executing the Performance and Operational Acceptance Tests including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests, with the support of the Dev Engineer;
- Specifying, creating, testing and deploying the runtime scripts (e.g. stop/start/purge/backup);
- Specifying, testing and executing deployment and roll-back scripts;
- Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling to enable 24x7 monitoring by the Master Control Room (MCR) using appropriate Event Alerts, agreed with the MCR;
- Understanding the detailed technical behaviour of your system under normal and peak loads;
- Understanding any expected changes in behaviour after a specific Release, and taking appropriate action if actual behaviour is not in line with what was expected;
- Understanding the behaviour of your Application in failure scenarios, and driving improvements in line with the company’s Reliability objectives;
- Understanding and monitoring the entire technology stack your Application is running on;
- Understanding how your Application fits into the overall chain(s) of systems that implement the company’s business processes, and working with your “chain neighbour” teams where necessary to improve reliability, efficiency and simplicity;
- Ensuring your team and your Application fully support the implementation of the Service Transition and Service Operations ITIL processes.
Functie voorwaarden OPS Engineer
- Bachelor degree
- At least 3 years experience in an engineer role
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, Networking, SQL, Databases and scripting
- Experience with functional and technical application Management
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM, Continuous delivery, automatic deployment and regression testing are preferred
- Experience with VMware, Windows, Interfaces are preferred
- Good communication skills
Our customer is a major international financial company based in Amsterdam. The company is very innovative when it comes to working methodologies. There are a lot of very high skilled employees working on the very complex systems. Sharing knowledge and improving the way of working is a high priority. It's a company where you can grow, proffessionaly and personaly, and offers you great opportunities and complex challenges.
- Competitive salary (maximum of € 5.500,- gross a month);
- 36 hour work week;
- Travel allowance.
Switchjobs is an employment agency specialized in Contracting, Search & Selection, Specialized Project Jobs, Payrolling/Contract Management. Switchjobs was founded in 1988. Our team exists of very experienced professionals in the contracting and flex branch and specialized in the specific fields:
- Sales & Commerce
A personal relationship
With a new step in your career is it of great importance that this step suits your life. Next to education, your experience, character and personality, travel distance and private life are key factors for us.
Your background and ambitions define your new position. We make sure that a candidate and company really match and we pay attention to professionalism as well as corporate culture, team composition, education and career opportunities. We work as your companion to your next career step and choose the personal approach in this matter.
If you are interested in this vacancy we gladly receive your résumé including your motivation via firstname.lastname@example.org.
After checking your details the relevant Recruiter for this open vacancy will respond to you within short notice. Next step will be an interview by phone, followed by a personal interview at our office or a webcam interview. After successfully passing this first round, we will introduce you as a qualified candidate to our client who will most likely invite you for the second round interview at their office.
We will never present your personal details or CV to any third party without your explicit permission to do so.